I have ended up working from home this week so far (and I hope to Thursday and Friday, as well). I have been having some dizziness due to sinus pressure so I couldn’t really drive, so I agreed with my boss to work from home. Wednesdays are my normal work-from-home (WFH) day, btw.
This time alone has been very good for me. Hubby is working afternoons which means he leaves around 11am, although he’s had a few errands to run this week so has been leaving earlier. Then he doesn’t get home until about 10:30 at night. So hours and hours of time alone. Which I think I need right now. Don’t get me wrong — there’s some work going on as well. Otherwise I couldn’t in good conscience WFH. But these hours of quiet have allowed me to regain, or maybe start regaining my equilibrium.
We have much paperwork due to our social worker by early June, so this past weekend and nights this week have seen me laborously churn through the documents. So far, we’ve done
- our chronologies (every address we’ve lived at since birth, and every school we attended, and every job we’ve had).
- cat ownership questionnaire
- medicals (exams at our doctors)
- health & safety questionnaire
Still to do are
- feedback form on the packet from our VA
- feedback form on the traning we did last week with our VA
- ecomap — a visualization of our support network (I’ve done a first draft)
- family trees (back to grandparents, forward to nieces/nephews)
- financial statement (this is almost done)
Tonight I do need to do some practice on my flugelhorn, as I received my silver-plated mouthpiece in the post (I have a metal allergy to nickel) and I haven’t been at band for a couple of weeks. If I practice tonight, I won’t be so rusty tomorrow.
Speaking of band, I need to decide what I’m going to do with it. Can I devote two full evenings a week to it, with all of the adoption work that we’re doing? In June there are a couple of Thursday nights when I have adoption training courses so definitely won’t be at band those nights. I’m considering just going one night a week rather than two. It might be better for my equilibrium!
Getting back to tonight — as well as practicing, I think I’ll do some work on those feedback forms so when Hubby gets home tonight we can go over them together to get them completed. Oh, and I started watching the 2007? version of Battlestar Galactica so I might watch S1E3 tonight